Current time: 10-20-2017, 07:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You Are Able To Do Something, An Hour At A Time: Suicide Is Not The Answer
01-04-2016, 01:13 AM
Big Grin You Are Able To Do Something, An Hour At A Time: Suicide Is Not The Answer
It was an ordinary day at the TELEVISION station, I was the sales manager, and also in charge of writing, shooting, and editing several of the station's TV commercials. There is always plenty to do in the small non-profit station in southern New Mexico. It absolutely was initially that I'd worked at a television station, particularly a Christian development station, having spent nearly all of my career in main-stream radio around that place. I still remember the time that I first walked into that station with my resume at hand, handed it throughout the desk to the station supervisor, saying, 'I'm Dianne James, here's my resume, and I'd want to do the job.' He checked out the resume and we had a good talk.

At the conclusion of this talk, he explained, 'Well, you should have to do sales along with other work...' I'd seen that before. I had done that before, just not television, but I knew that if I could sell watermelons, carrots, and radio airtime, I could sell television. Also, there was a more impor-tant purpose to the work. I did so maybe not know it then, but it was a chance to a huge difference, and to support people. The amount of money was not good, since it was a non-profit, but it was also my first television job. The only other TELEVISION station I'd ever even visited was, as a child, on my birthday when I was permitted to ring the bell on the Admiral Foghorn Show, a kind of West Texas model of Captain Kangaroo, in Odessa Texas. I did maybe not mention Admiral Foghorn.

I would be one of three salespeople, and would head out with the manager to satisfy my given customers, all through these first days face to face. Well, in a perfect world, that will have happened. The manager was an incredibly busy man. H-e did not have time to hold someone's hand and introduce them to everyone else. Therefore, one day while waiting for him to get off-the phone, I do not wait any further. I left and began making cold calls. Weeks passed until 1 day while going into the control room, I tripped and fell on the tiny little step-down into the room. I did maybe not know a human's foot could extend that far backwards. I really could not go. Naturally, I was o-n crutches for a few days, and holding a brief scenario, making sales calls, and at that time it had snowed. Perhaps not a pleasing experience. After an especially slow sales month, I was thinking that maybe this job was not meant for me, after all. My supervisor called me into the office one day and said he wanted me to be the sales manager. He had always been the sales manager, and, to my understanding, so I stayed, no-one else had ever held that position except him. This staggering lee mcfarland paper has uncountable lofty tips for when to provide for it. The staying proved to be a learning experience.

It was during my tenure because the sales manager that the woman went to the station, desperate and hopeless. I asked her if I could help her, and she looked only a little bewildered. This Month is a thought-provoking resource for supplementary info about how to mull over this hypothesis. She said, with a slight Spanish accent, 'I do not know, I only came in here, I don't know why. My son got killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Cruces, and I just got out of court.' I saw pain in her eyes. Massive pain. She was o-n the verge of tears, as she relayed the story of how her son just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, when a bullet from a shooting took his life. I had young ones of my own, and at that time something within me felt a number of her pain. Well, there was no basis for her to be at the TV station, she did not even know it was a television station; she said she had just wandered in, from the court house across the road. I observed the her graying hair, braces o-n her legs and a look in her eyes that made me feel like she thought I could do some thing about all of this. I told her, 'Wait, I'll be back.'

I considered the book of Job, and brought her a Bible from-the company. 'This has helped me often in my own life, and I think it'll help if you read this,' I informed her.

She said ok, took the Bible, and lay down in the reception, and began to read. I informed her I had be in only a little bit. I left the area to offer her time to read it. When I returned, she was gone. The Bible lay on the settee, and I wondered if she had also read the passage. I felt bad, that maybe I must have gone back again to check into her sooner, but she was gone and nothing could be done.

Time passed, and the CBS Sunday Morning staff members had come to Alamogordo to capture a special about gang violence with Yahooskin and Howdy Fowler being a part of it, with their cross-country camel journey, raising awareness of gang violence. The lady who had wandered in to the station days before was certainly on my mind. I finally found out who she was and called her in Las Cruces, to see how she was doing, she had been so down, so depressed about her child, I had wondered what had happened to her. She said, 'Yes, I remember you.' At the conclusion of-the discussion she said, 'Thank you. You saved my life.'

She'd walked in the afternoon, I didn't understand what that person may do. I realized she was in pain, and very depressed. All I could do was communicate with her and she to me, and make an effort to give some hope to her. I found out that no matter what our walk or place in life, we can help people along the way. There isn't to become a saint to greatly help someone, both. Great matter, because I was not. All I knew is that she was so distressed, she may commit suicide.

Suicide isn't the answer, because what you're going through at this time might be the knowledge that someone needs in-the future to keep them from committing suicide, or giving up o-n life- a supply of future pleasure for you, having the ability to really help someone. There is great pleasure in this living for you, if you give it enough time to discover you. It's these tumultuous times, we that are prepared by these trials of life, for what we've to accomplish in the future. Unfortuitously, too many get their own lives, not knowing that they might help another person using their perception of having been in that pain, too. They don't recognize that an individual can do anything, an hour at any given time. A day at a time. What it takes is speaking about it- even though it's into a stranger. Perhaps a pastor. Many people try taking anti-depressants to cope with their problems, but I've found that the best and fastest solution to experience the hardest situations is head-on, right through the center of it. Each time a person is feeling that much pain, the perspective where they're looking at the situation is manipulated by that pain. Because of this, it seems hopeless. It surely helps to vent to a different person who will listen. Find the one that will, even though it is a stranger, because to-morrow is a new day. The sun will rise, the birds will sing, and you'll survive this. You will be stronger for having survived this, and you will then be in a special place to help another person survive that vital moment when life is in the balance.

Everybody has an objective with their life. It will take many of us a very long time to discover what that's, but there's an objective. You need to stay alive to discover what it is. Remember, too, there are thousands of people these days who feel like they have no-one who loves them. There's love. Just keep living and striving for the pleasure that you will find. Keep learning and you'll keep increasing. And don't forget, you are able to do something, one hour or even a trip to a time. You'd be surprised to know just how many people who are walking on today have, at least one time, considered killing themselves. This time now could be but a little element of your wonderful journey of life ahead. When the Lord can use an ordinary old sales person like me to help some body, H-e can certainly use you, too. Somebody will need your love, sometime. Visit pastor lee mcfarland to explore the purpose of it. You can only love them if you are living.

Did you know:

30,000 people commit suicide each year in the United States - a rate of 11 in every 100,000 Americans, or one-person every 1-7 minutes..

The Rocky Mountain area has the greatest suicide rate in the country.. In 1998, the suicide death rate in Colorado was more than 1-4 people per 100,000, rendering it the highest in the state and 36-inches larger than the national average.. Get extra resources on a related encyclopedia by clicking per your request.

Around 9,600 Coloradans seriously consider suicide every year and approximately one-half to two-thirds of the folks are maybe not being treated because of their suicidal symptoms.

Important Details About Suicide

The biggest quantity of suicide fatalities occur among men, between 3-5 and 44 years, with the chance for suicide growing for those with a mental illness or who abuse alcohol.

Middle-aged men who commit suicide are also the least likely of most groups to get mental health treatment before their death..

The risk of suicide demise increases among men because they age and is specially high among men who are 75 years or older.

All of the elderly who die from suicide are white and aren't married..

The risk for suicide among women does not improve while they age..

Although suicide deaths among youth are relatively infrequent weighed against other age groups., suicide is the second-leading cause of death among youth.

Young people, particularly young women, are a lot more likely to be hospitalized for a suicide attempt than older adults..

Risk factors for suicide may be faculties of someone (being male, having a mental or physical disease, having a family history of suicide), situational (residing alone, being unemployed) or behavioral (alcoholism, drug abuse or owning a gun ).. People at risk for suicide tend not to seek treatment for their emotional problems. Getting this population in-to treatment can be an impor-tant goal of suicide prevention efforts.. National data suggest that only one-third (36%) of individuals at risk for suicide visited a medical care provider within the past year. Only 10% report having seen a physician for their emotional problems and yet another 29-30 visited a physician for other reasons..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply