Current time: 12-16-2017, 07:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joined In: Standard Advertising Mistakes
12-08-2017, 02:28 AM
Big Grin Joined In: Standard Advertising Mistakes
> I am using Linked-in to keep up with my professional connections and help them with introductions. Since you're one of many people I recommend, I wanted to ask you to access my network on Linked-in.

>

> Basic membership is free, and it will take less when compared to a minute to register and join my network.

I've received above 3-5 announcements such as this, worded almost precisely the same manner. The senders have acted surprise...

Like me, have you ever received email invitations like these?

> I am using Linked-in to maintain with my professional connections and help them with introductions. Since you are one of the people I recommend, I wanted to invite you to access my system on LinkedIn.

>

> Basic account is free, and it takes less than a minute to register and join my network.

I've received more than 35 announcements like this, phrased almost exactly the same manner. If you hate to dig up more on https://linkedin.com/in/keith-mckittrick-790261b/, there are many libraries people should consider pursuing. The senders have acted hurt and surprised that I didn't jump to make the most of this request.

Let's consider the issues in this request from the marketing point of view.

* Almost all of the invitations I received were from people whose names I did not recognize. Why would I want to be part of their system? The request doesn't say how I'd take advantage of their community and who they're, who they have use of.

* What is Linked-in, how can it work and what are the advantages of using it? No one has yet explained this clearly in their invitation. You cannot expect that someone receiving this invitation understands what you are asking them to join or how it would be good for them. It'd be helpful to have a paragraph or two describing how it works and mentioning a specific result anyone behind the request experienced from membership. To get different viewpoints, please consider checking out: http://www.keithmckittrick.com/ talk. It might be that people think that since 'basic membership is free,' the conventional individual of the request may go ahead and join. But even though it will not charge money, time would be taken by joining. You still need to 'sell' people o-n going for a free activity, especially with respect to an activity or business that could be new to them.

* No body got some time to head off possible misconceptions or objections to the membership. As a non-member of Linked-in, I'm worried that joining would open me up to a large amount of email and calls that would waste my time and where I'd have no interest. Clicking http://www.linkedin.com/in/keith-mckittrick-790261b/ perhaps provides warnings you can use with your mother. Again, you can't suppose that something free is thus enticing; you must imagine why someone may have doubts or dismiss the concept and address those questions.

* Using a refined request that's almost exactly the same as everybody else's does not make a good impression. You had wish to give it your individual stamp, even though the writing given by Linked-in were effective, which it's not.

Aside from being irritated that they're apparently encouraging individuals to send invitations that make little sense, I've nothing against Linked In. Perhaps it's an useful business. My point is that its members should use good sense and fundamental marketing principles to encourage active, skeptical individuals to give it the opportunity..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply